November 2010 Archives
Waterboard torture isn't topic we can take lightly
Reunited -- Former U.S. President George W. Bush kisses Former Secretary of State Condolezza Rice as Former First Lady Laura Bush stands by during the George W. Bush Presidential Center groundbreaking ceremony on November 16, 2010 in Dallas, Texas.
more on The People's Response here
International: America as Hegemon and International Law
3:15 p.m. - 4:45 p.m.
Prof. Barry E. Carter,Â Director, Center for Transnational Business and the Law, Georgetown University Law Center
- Prof. John O. McGinnis,Â Stanford Clinton Sr. and Zylpha Kilbride Clinton Research Professor, Northwestern University School of Law
- Prof. Margaret E. McGuinness,Â Saint John's University School of Law
- Prof. Ruth Wedgwood,Â Edward B. Burling Professor of International Law and Diplomacy, Director of the International Law and Organizations Program, Johns Hopkins University, The Paul H. Nitze School of Advanced International Studies
- Prof. John C. Yoo,Â University of California, Berkeley School of Law
- Moderator:Â Hon. Michael Chertoff,Â Senior of Counsel, Covington & Burling LLP, former Secretary, United States Department of Homeland Security
Palm Beach, FL: David Horowitz's "Restoration Weekend"
The Beakers Hotel
November 18 - 21
confirmed speakers are:Â
Newt Gingrich, David Horowitz, Liz Cheney, Ann Coulter, Andrew Klavan, Robert Spencer, Frank Gaffney,Â
Monica Crowley, John Yoo, Marc Thiessen, Michael Barone, Ralph Peters, Caroline Glick, Pastor John Hagee,Â
Rob Pollock, Fred Barnes, Senator Jeff Sessions, Congressmen Ed Royce and Steven King, Emmett Tyrrell,Â
Bill Gertz, Doug Schoen, Ron Radosh, Steven Moore, Arizona State Senators Russell Pearce and ThayerÂ
Verschoor,Â Mark Krikorian, S.E. Cupp, Lee Smith, General Paul Vallely, Congresswoman MicheleÂ
Bachmann, Fred Barnes and Pat Caddell.Â
Each year, as a part of this event, we honor the troops and their families. This year we will be joined byÂ
representatives from the Special Operations Warrior Foundation, inlucing Colonel John Carney, Dr. Jim Lewis,Â
Country music star and former Army Ranger Keni Thomas and a keynote by former Army Chief of Staff GeneralÂ
We will have many more to announce in the coming weeks!Â
For more information, contact Michael Finch at (818) 849-3470 x212 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
UC Berkeley Billboard
Donations via PayPal
are not tax deductible.
Events & Calendars
Important ReadingPhysicians for Human Rights
Broken Laws, Broken Lives
NLG White Paper
ON THE LAW OF TORTURE...
The President's Executioner
Detention and torture in Guantanamo